We are currently hiring for an experienced SALT Manager to join a growing and well-established national firm in a San Francisco office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
The growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Responsible for developing tax minimization strategies for client with multi-state operations as well as state tax compliance preparation and review.
- Responsible for sales tax compliance services to clients and prospects.
- Focus on executing diligent client service and becoming orientated to the Firm’s practices, policies and culture.
- Create positive impression with client by exhibiting professional competence and ability.
- Work with the larger corporate clients of the Firm to assess current state tax issues of the company
- Design new strategies for savings and continuously re-evaluate plans as changes occur
- Building and maintaining client relationships, creation of tax strategies and tax planning ideas
- Train, supervise and review the work of other tax staff
- Identify issues and potential opportunities for additional business to build up the consulting practice
- Represent the Firm by presenting on areas of expertise at 3rd party events
- Complete performance evaluations constructively and timely, and also provides ongoing performance feedback to employees
- Maintain required annual CPEs
- 7+ years independent SALT experience in public accounting.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- JD, MBA, MS Taxation is highly desirable.
- CPA certification
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills.
- Marketing/Sales savvy gives you an advantage with our entrepreneurial culture.
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred.
Solid organization skills, project management, and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.