A leading private equity advisor in Germany and the Dach region has a position for an Operations Director with availability to start ASAP. The role involves supporting one or more of its portfolio companies, focussing on medium-sized companies in special situations and taking over a line manager role (e.g. Managing Director) as needed. Sustainable value creation through deployment of experienced operational experts and operational improvements is core to the investment strategy.
- The candidate will be:
- Part of the Operations Team (directly working for a portfolio company.)
- Be involved in the pre-transaction phase
- Support the sustainable value creation process in the portfolio company throughout the holding period
- In a position that provides great power change
- Working with new/existing management in their value enhancement efforts
- Defining restructuring plans (operational, financial and legal structures) and monitoring their implementation in the portfolio companies
- Pre-transaction: Participation in the deal process and due diligence, especially on operational, strategic, and management matters including development of robust improvement/growth concepts and business cases etc.
- Holding Period: Taking on position as Managing Director (CEO, CRO, COO, CPO) in a specific portfolio company and driving growth (organic and add-ons) as well as reorganisation initiatives with specific focus on supply chain and production
- 3–5 years professional experience in a strategy consulting firm
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a corporate management position, focussing on supply chain/operations/lean manufacturing
- Improvement/restructuring experience within the manufacturing sector
- Must be analytic
- Able to travel 4-5 days a week
- Native or equivalent German & English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess a hands-on mentality
- Mid-market exposure with P&L responsibility desirable
- MBA desirable
- Engineering title desirable
- High ambition and motivation desirable
If you have the right experiences and ready for a new career challenge, please apply directly via the form below or send us your recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.